Exercise is a crucial part of maintaining longevity and quality of life, especially as we age.
Especially reaching 60, leaving a sedentary lifestyle behind, and picking up an active hobby can bring a huge benefit.
You’ll not only maintain your mobility, range of motion, and stability, you’ll gain strength and build an unbreakable body.
This is particularly important as you age.
A stronger, more flexible body can help prevent falls, injuries, and muscle loss.
If you are looking to lead a thriving life after your retirement, these are the 6 best exercises you need for longevity.
6 Best Exercises for Seniors
- Walking: Walking is a low-impact exercise that can be done almost anywhere. It can improve cardiovascular health, help control weight, and reduce the risk of chronic diseases.
- Strength Training: Strength training can help seniors maintain muscle mass and improve bone density, which can decrease the risk of falls and fractures. Resistance bands, free weights, and bodyweight exercises are all effective forms of strength training.
- Yoga: Yoga is a gentle form of exercise that can improve flexibility, balance, and strength. It can also reduce stress and improve mental health.
- Swimming: Swimming is a low-impact exercise that can improve cardiovascular health and muscle strength. It can also be therapeutic for joint pain and arthritis.
- Tai Chi: Tai Chi is a gentle martial art that can improve balance, flexibility, and coordination. It can also reduce stress and improve mental health.
- Cycling: Cycling can improve cardiovascular health and muscle strength, and can also be a fun way to explore the outdoors. Stationary bikes are also a good option for seniors who prefer to exercise indoors.
It’s important to remember that any new exercise routine should be started gradually and with the approval of a healthcare provider. Seniors should also listen to their bodies and modify exercises as needed to prevent injury.
Fitnessnacks – #Age #Exercises #Daily #Build #Strength #Mobility #Flexibility
Courtesy : https://www.fitwirr.com/workout/best-exercises-for-seniors/