This no-weight ab workout is great for building entire core strength without any sit-ups or crunches.
Want to tone up the abs and get a stronger core? The good news is, you don’t need a long workout or crunches and situps that hurt your back to build the strong core you are looking for.
This 10-minute core workout requires no weights, so you can comfortably do it at home or anywhere.
Not only your core is in the midsection of your body connecting the upper body and lower body. It’s where all movements either originate or move through.
Whether you are sitting, pulling, pushing, or standing, your core is activated to bring stabilization to the body.
It’s an essential part of the body that’s worth spending 10 minutes to strengthen it.
The best part is, you don’t need any sit-ups or crunches to work the core. There are far more effective exercises that engage not only the front part of the abs but also the entire core.
Here is our 10-minute core workout you can do without weights.
How to Perform
- Begin by standing with feet roughly shoulder-width apart.
- Keeping your heels on the ground, slowly bend your knees and bring your hips downward, keeping your back straight and your chest facing forward.
- Once you’ve reached the bottom of your range of motion, stand back up, reversing the movement, to complete the repetition.
- This exercise can be made harder or easier in many ways. In the picture, he has a band around his thighs, which will incorporate some extra hip muscle activation in the movement.
2. Bird Dog
How to perform a bird dog:
- Start in a tabletop position on all fours with your hands positioned under your shoulders and your knees under your hips.
- Brace your core and tighten your glutes. Straighten your right arm in front of you. Simultaneously, extend your left leg straight out behind you and hold the position.
- With control and your abs engaged, return your arm and leg to the starting position.
- Switch sides and repeat. Complete 2-3 sets of 10 reps per side.
3. Plank Hold
- down on all fours with your elbows on the floor. Position your elbows right below your shoulders, and knees directly below the hips. Facedown and keep your head relaxed throughout the exercise.
- Tuck in your abs and draw your navel toward your spine. Lift your knees off the floor to come up. Adjust your body so it forms a straight line from head to heels.
- Don’t curve your back and drop the hips. This is the neutral spine position.
- Hold this plank position for 30-60 seconds.
4. Mountain Climber
- Start in a high plank position with shoulder-width apart and toes about hip-width apart.
- Quickly jump your right knee toward your chest.
- Then, as you jump the right leg back to the starting position, simultaneously jump the left knee toward your chest.
- Repeat this alternating pattern for the duration of the exercise.
- Complete 45-60 seconds, 2-3 sets
How to Perform
- Lying on your stomach, extend your arms straight overhead and your legs straight backward.
- Keeping your arms and legs straight, attempt to lift your chest and legs off the floor simultaneously.
- Hold the raised position for 10 seconds, then slowly lower back down
Fitnessnacks – #Weights #SitUps #10Minute #Workout #Build #Stronger #Core
Courtesy : https://www.fitwirr.com/workout/10-minute-workout-to-build-a-stronger-core/